is op zoek naar een
ICT staffing voor ICT bedrijven
The Voice & Network Technical Liaison will be responsible for participating as a contributor in projects impacting the network or telephony systems, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, support new product implementations, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of the local network and telephony environments.
- Network architecture and topology
- Cisco LAN switching
- Cisco Wireless
- External Connectivity (third party, S2S VPN, …)
- VOIP systems (Avaya) including Call Center solutions
- Communications and network security
Executes following tasks:
- Interfaces with service providers, partners, peer network operations at group level, Risk and Security in regards to network and telephony matters.
- Acts in compliance with the industry and group technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides technical support in the network data and voice areas.
- Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- Driving issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources.
- Leading technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction.
- Providing guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ensuring projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line customer care through engineering.
- Providing documentation and knowledge base updates as products and tools evolve.
- Coordinating small technical tasks like DNS entry changes, certificate updates, local firewall changes, etc…
- Coordinating and following-up the tasks with Application Leaders and network team for new or update external connections.
- Responsible for the operational activities in the network and telephony domain.
- You are flexible, have no 9-to-5 attitude and willing to achieve an extra mile when required.
- Delivers management information to the Team Leader or the Manager IT Operations.
- Active contribution to other Integration streams having impact on the network and telephony environment.
- A Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in network engineering and telecommunications.
- In-depth knowledge of network services (routing, WiFi, security, unified communications) including branch office and Data Center applications.
- In-depth knowledge of firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Ability to troubleshoot and engineer wireless network for optimal coverage and reliability.
- Ability of understanding what needs to be done, what not and what are the risks on a technical level.
- Ability to plan and coordinate technical tasks in close collaboration with other teams and different service providers.
- Understanding of network traffic analysis, remote access techniques and systems, state full inspection, encryption, authentication and authorization technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of carrier class data/voice network services (LAN/WAN, routing& protocols, BGP4, MPLS, VPLS, EVPL, POS, etc.).
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco, CheckPoint, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of IP implementations, including QoS, Layer 2/3 environments.
- In-depth knowledge of Ethernet, TCP/IP, SIP, VPN, and MPLS technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of VOIP solutions.
- Knowledge of process and procedures around systems and possesses critical and thinking skills to work independently to solve technical issues.
- Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNA or similar industry certifications.
- Proven experience in significant communication and network infrastructure migration and/or integration projects.
- Strong written and verbal skills and a very good knowledge of English and Dutch/French.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work independently.
- Action and result oriented.
- Well organized.
- A problem solver in the communications and network domain.
- A good communicator.
- Able to speak the language of the “user”.
Internal and external communication with the different stakeholders. These include (but are not limited to):
- Architecture teams
- Process owners (incident, change, problem, configuration management)
- IT Infra Integration project manager
- Service providers